Call for Abstracts
Hot Topics in Obstetrics and Gynecology, Doha 2014
1. General instructions
Authors will be asked to select the following:
Topic: Choose the topic category that reflects the abstract’s main subject area.
- Reproductive Medicine
Presentation preference: The Scientific Committee will select abstract for oral and/or presentation.
Keywords: authors should provide 3 to 6 keywords (different from category).
Deadline: midnight on September 30th, 2014 via the Online Abstract Management system.
Submit your Abstract
- Please follow the instructions on the screen.
- Please login with your username and password. In case you do not yet have a username, you will be requested to subscribe. With your profile, you will have access to your abstract submission and its management.
- When finalizing the online submission, it is imperative to click the «submit» button for final submission of the abstract. A message will appear informing you that the abstract has been registered successfully. The abstract submitter will receive an e-mail confirming the successful submission of the abstract. This confirmation of abstract receipt is NOT a notice of acceptance of your abstract.
- Once the abstract is submitted, changes, corrections or revisions are possible until the abstract submission deadline at midnight on September 30th, 2014
After this deadline, changes are not possible. Careful typing and proofreading are essential, as selected abstracts will be published as submitted.
- Submitting an abstract for presentation does not constitute registration for the conference. Abstract presenters must register to attend the conference.
- You will be notified whether the abstract has been selected for Oral/Poster presentation, following the acceptance of the abstract.
- The Conference committee reserves the right to reject abstracts that are unsuitable for or irrelevant to the conference.
- Give department, institution, town and country of all authors
- The presenting author must ensure that all co-authors approve of the abstract’s content before submitting the abstract to the Conference.
- For guidelines on authorship, please refer to the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts.
- In submitting an abstract, the authors agree that the information reported is for exclusive presentation at the 2014 Hot Topics in Obstetrics and Gynecology Symposium, if accepted.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented at the conference in English.
- Notification of receipt and acceptance will be sent to the abstract submitter only.
2. Abstract Format
Abstracts should be submitted on or before September 30th, 2014 via the Online Abstract Management system.
- For instructions on preparing a scientific abstract, please refer to these guides.
- The abstract title (max 250 characters) should accurately reflect the content of the abstract.
- The online abstract submission procedure will not accept abstracts that exceed 2200 characters, including spaces (body of the abstract).
- The abstract should include the first author’s and all co-authors’ names and affiliations – institutions or organisations.
- The author presenting the poster/oral presentation should be identified.
- Only one author should present the poster/oral. Co-authors will be considered collaborators or supervisors.
- Abstracts must be original and have not been previously published or submitted for publication in scientific journals or presented at other scientific conferences.
- Each author may submit one abstract as primary presenter. There is no limit to the number of times one may be listed as co-author.
- Authors may include one figure (only JPG files are accepted), table or black/white illustration (maximum width 7 cm). Colour illustrations will appear monochrome in the abstract book.
- The preferred font is Verdana 7.
- Tables must be inserted as image.
- Equations can be inserted in the text as images or via option ‘Add formula’.
- Use standard abbreviations only. When you use non-standard abbreviations, spell out the full word at first mentioning and insert the abbreviation in parenthesis, after then use the abbreviation consistently.
- References in text are numbered style in parentheses in the order of their citation. At the end of the text citations should be assembled in the order they appear in the text in accordance with the Vancouver style, e. g.:
Meltzer PS, Kallioniemi A, Trent JM. Chromosome alterations in human solid tumors. In: Volgenstein B, Kinzler, KW, editors. The genetic basis of human cancer. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2002. p. 93-113.
Lamont RF, Sobel J, Mazaki-Tovi S, Kusanovic JP, Vaisbuch E, Kim SK, Uldbjerg N, Romero R: Listeriosis in human pregnancy: a systematic review. J Perinat Med 2011; 39:227-36
3. Abstract Selection Process
Abstracts will be anonymized and reviewed by an independent panel of scientific and medical experts to ensure fair and unbiased evaluation. Names of authors and institutions should not be included in the body of the abstract. Abstracts will be reviewed for clarity, strength of supporting data, methodological rigour, potential significance, and level of innovation or utility. The submitter will receive notification of the Abstract Review Committee decision by 18 September 2014.
Abstracts will be selected for one of the following presentation formats:
- Oral presentation:
The abstract is selected for oral presentation at any of the preferred paper sessions.
- Poster presentation:
The abstract is selected for presentation in a poster format. Posters are grouped by topic and are displayed throughout the meeting.
Abstracts selected for oral and/or poster presentation should be presented at the conference. If the presenting author cannot attend, he/she should assign a substitute and inform the Sidra Symposium 2014 secretariat of the replacement as soon as possible.